The high-end luxury category of hotels in India is growing at a good pace. The country is attracting an increasing number of foreign tourists plus the country has a large population too, who are newly inclined to adventure, travel, and sightseeing. To manage this efficiently, it is important for Indian hotels that they should consider opting for hospitality technical solutions. Few technological developments that hotels can consider for better hotel management:
- Choosing the right technology provider: Any hospitality sector may be it be hotels or airlines, should look and choose the right technology provider. The outsourced technology solutions provider should be up to date and at the same time reasonable because of the high competition in the market.
- Choosing the right PMS software: PMS or property management software is a major tool to coordinate and run the bookings and rates of a particular hotel, therefore particular care must be taken while choosing one. A housekeeping hotelshould go for highly advanced and integrated PMS software in order to automate and increase the efficiency of operations.
- Installation of WIFI and cloud service: The addition of WIFI and cloud connectivity will make it simpler for the hotel to interact with guests and themselves. Guests are moreover satisfied and retained in the long run. It has also become convenient for hotels to entertain larger amounts of guests because of the ease in functioning.
- Installation of CRS: The CRS or the central reservation system is a must for chain hotels; this system combines the reservation details of all the other branches or outlets of a particular brand. This in-turn helps the users to get an end-to-end control over reservation related issues, reducing manpower, cost, and increasing efficiency.
- Use of smart mobile applications: As the software hotel management are only operable inside the property the hospitality industry should look at opting for smart integrated mobile applications, these applications can be used by senior managers to keep a tap on the operations when outside the hotel. The application will give a real time tap on the hotel concerned. The application will further help in monitoring:1. Room status, availability, bookings, Etc.2. Give a clear picture of a number of future bookings using stored data of walk-in guests and more.3. Forecast budgets and revenue based on previous data.
The ever growing demand of the hospitality industry will result in a lot of pressure and operational discrepancies in time to come. The use of the various technologies discussed above will help hospitality industry to improve performance leading to efficiency and total control. These technological advancements may look costly but is a long term solution for cutting down costs and unnecessary expenses.